Creators: Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage
Cast: Blake Lively (Serena van der Woodsen), Leighton Meester (Blair Waldorf), Penn Badgley (Dan Humphrey), Chace Crawford (Nate Archibald), Taylor Momsen (Jenny Humphrey), Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass), Jessica Szohr (Vanessa Abrams), Kelly Rutherford (Lily van der Woodsen), Matthew Settle (Rufus Humphrey), Connor Paolo (Eric van der Woodsen), Aaron Tveit (Trip Van Der Bilt), Hilary Duff (Olivia Burke), Kevin Zegers (Damien Daalgard)
Genres: Drama, Romance
Aired: September 19, 2007 – Current
Running time: 39-44 minutes
MPAA: NR (Not Rated)
SEASON TWO. It’s senior year for our beloved Upper East Siders, and the drama is at an all-time high. Applying for college is only a small part of the story, as new romances (and some not-so-new romances) bloom and fade, scandals erupt at every turn, and alliances shift even faster than Gossip Girl can send an update. Families and reputations are destroyed and made; so are fortunes. And even the strongest friendships are tested.
SEASON THREE. Our beloved Upper East Siders, all grown up. Though high school may be behind most of them, you can be sure a future of love, scandal and, of course, secrets awaits. Based on the best-selling series of young-adult novels by Cecily von Ziegesar, this drama is told through the eyes of an all-knowing blogger—Gossip Girl—who, via constant, avidly read text messages, is determined to uncover and fuel every scandal possible on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, where gossip rules, and affluent young people find themselves with the money, access and appetite to explore all the temptations New York City has to offer. Keeping track of the shifting friendships, jealousies and turmoil in this wealthy and complex world is not easy; that’s why there’s Gossip Girl.
SEASON FIVE. Season five opens in Los Angeles, where a vacationing Chuck and Nate decide to visit Serena, who is working on a movie set. Back in New York, Blair learns that planning a royal wedding can be stressful, especially with a baby on the way, and Dan discovers the consequences of writing candidly about his closest friends. Also, the surprise return of cousin Charlie will threaten to destroy the Van der Woodsen family. Confused about Chuck’s sudden change, Blair is determined to prove his behaviour is an act to win her back.
» Related Photos
» Episode Guide
• The “Gossip Girl” TV series is based off of the Best Selling Novels Gossip Girl written by Cecily Von Ziegesar.
• Was originally pitched as a feature with Lindsay Lohan as Blair Waldorf. When that fell through, its backers (who had the rights to the stories) approached Josh Schwartz about turning it into a series.
• Every episode title is a word play on the title of a movie.
• The series has become so popular that a tour of “Gossip Girl” sites has been created in New York City, by the same people who created the “Sex and the City” Tour.
• “Seder Anything”: This is the fourth time that Blair has a dream in which she is a character that was played by Audrey Hepburn in a movie. The first time this happened was in “Bad News Blair” with Blair being Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The second time was in “The Blair Bitch Project.” The third time was in “New Haven Can Wait.”
• “The Last Days of Disco Stick”: Jenny mentions that Brad Alexander is an unsuitable date since he gave 6 six girls from Nightingale an STD. Nightingale is the Nightingale-Bamford school, the school on which Constance-Billard was based off of.
• “The Debarted”: There is also an episode of “The Simpsons” called “The Debarted”, which aired over 1 1/2 years before this episode. Both episodes’ titles refers to a character’s name and reference the movie The Departed.